The AIAA Technical Committee (TC) membership year runs from May 1 through April 30. The normal term of office for TC Chairs and other officers is 2 years. For 2020 we welcome our new slate of officers:
- Chair – Mr. Art Tank, Lockheed Martin, Fort Worth, Texas
- Vice-Chair – Dr. Maarten Uijt de Haag, Technical University of Berlin, Germany
- Secretary – Mr. Mark Grindle, Systems Enginuity, Phoenix, Arizona
- Treasurer – Mr. Todd Lovell, Raytheon, Dallas, Texas
The AIAA Digital Avionics Technical Committee (DATC) inspires, promotes, and connects the global community to shape the future of avionics.
The three pillars of the DATC are technology, connection, and education.
To fulfill our mission, we –
- Create excitement in avionics for the next generation
- Produce the Digital Avionics Systems Conference (DASC) and the Integrated Communication, Navigation and Surveillance (ICNS) conferences annually
- Host member meetings around the world to connect our international membership together with industry, academia, and regulators
- Fund scholarships for college students
- Organize science and technology events for pre-collegiate students
- Curate educational tutorials to provide avionics-specific training opportunities
- Provide professional development opportunities for our members
The third quarterly meeting of the DATC will be held online on Friday, July 10 from 9am – 12:30pm EDT. An agenda with call-in information and a Chair Report was sent to all active members by Secretary Mark Grindle on July 4. Contact Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org if you did not receive these files.